- Objective: To further introduce the course, its rationale and framework.
- Living Spiritual Life-2 The Path Toward Attaining Spirituality PowerPoint Presentation
- Living Spiritual Life-2 The Path Toward Attaining Spirituality PDF
- Video Introduction
- Activities1. Read and meditate on Baha’u’llah’s “The Seven Valleys” which describes in poetic and lofty language the path of the soul to spirituality. Note: If you find the reading too difficult, you do not need to finish to go on. For brief introduction go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Valleys3. Read Toward a Scientific Understanding of Happiness, a book review of Authentic Happiness that give some Baha’i perspectives at http://www.aera.net/uploadedFiles/SIGs/Wholistic_Education_(135)/Supplement_2007.pdf4. Compare the various elements related to happiness, spirituality and well-being from Baha’u’llah, Abdul-Baha and Seligman. A chart may be helpful.
- Questions1.What is spirituality?2. What are the three faculties of the soul we will be using in this course?3. How do the faculties of the soul relate to the other elements related to happiness, spirituality and well-being from Baha’u’llah, Abdul-Baha and Seligman identified in this module?
Tags commonly used2012 DRAFT acknowledgments Actualize American Education analogy A Nation at Risk APA Assessments Bahai book Cave Challenges clarken Clarken Chronicles Combining Comparisons development Divided Line draft Education Educational evaluation fast fasting Finland Heart human potential Human Resource development ideology insight intelligence International Justice learning learning principles Love March 1 materialism Mind module moral moral intelligence NCTQ New Paradigm perspective philanthropy PIRLS PISA Plato policies politics Potential principles propaganda prosperity Reform religion renewal Republic revision Rod Clarken Rodney H Clarken Shadow shadows spiritual Sun Teacher education teachers teaching TIMMS Truth understanding Will worldviews